Chew Entertainment and RCA Records present the Voice Your Inspiration contest open to performing artists in the United States. This is a vocal competition inclusive of singing, rapping and spoken word performances. All performance entries will be submitted online via video or audio file not to exceed 2 minutes (120 seconds).
1.ELIGIBILITY: #VOICEYOURINSPIRATION (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the U.S. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of August 15, 2018. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and shareholders of RCA Inspiration/Sony Music Entertainment (“Prize Provider”) or Chew Entertainment (individually and collectively “Sponsor”), subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising or promotional agencies and their immediate families (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Void where prohibited, and subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning depend on the relative performance of each entrant.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The initial Contest begins on August 15, 2018 at 11.59PM ET and ends on October 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET (the “ Initial Entry Period”).
3. SPONSOR/PRIZE PROVIDER: The Sponsor of the Contest is Chew Entertainment (“Chew Entertainment”) (570 Piermont Rd., Suite 145, Closter, NJ 07624). The Prize Provider of the Contest is RCA Inspiration, a unit of Sony Music Entertainment (“RCA Inspiration”) (741 Cool Springs Blvd., Franklin, TN 37067). This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Beginning on August 15, 2018 all eligible entrants may enter via www.voiceyourinspiration.org
a) Entrants may follow the onscreen instructions to complete and thereafter submit the entry form. You will be directed to fill out the required entry form with the following information: first and last name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, email address, city and state and answer the following question, WHAT INSPIRES YOU? (collectively “Entry Information”). The answer to the question WHAT INSPIRES YOU? can be submitted in writing with an image of yourself as well as submitting a video of your work. There is a limit of one entry per person.
Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Contest by any method is prohibited. Normal Internet access and Device usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. Each entry may be posted on the Sponsor’s websites and may be displayed on Sponsor’s social media pages.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: ANY ENTRY DEEMED INAPPROPRIATE OR UNSUITABLE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
• Entries must not contain any material that reflects negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates
• Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contains profanity, nudity, sexual content; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; or any other offensive content. Additionally Entries must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion)
• Entries must not contain material that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
• Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations; or promote any political agenda or party
• Entries must not prominently feature any trademarks, logos, watermarks, or copyrighted materials, other than Sponsor’s related materials, or advertise or promote any brand or product owned by any entity other than Sponsor
• Entries must not violate or encourage the violation of any law, rule or regulation
6. WINNING VIDEO SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: After the Entry Period of August 15 – October 15, 2018, twenty (20) semi-finalists will be selected among all eligible Entries received to move on to the second round of public voting.
a. The second round of public voting will take place October 19th, 2018 at 11:59PM ET and ends on October 29th, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Voting Period”). Five (5) eligible Entrants will be selected via public voting at www.voiceyourinspiration.org with the winners being announced on October 26th, 2018 at 11:59PM ET. The third round of public voting will take place October 26th, 2018 at 11:59PM ET and ends on November 1st, 2018 at 11:59PM ET (the “Voting Period”). Eligible Entrants will be selected via public voting at www.voiceyourinspiration.org.
b. The winner will be announced November 2nd at 11:59pmET.
All Entries received as of 11:59 PM ET of October 15th, 2018 will be judged. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts within a twenty-four (24) hour period to notify potential Winners at the email address or by reaching out via the Entrant’s social media platform submitted at the time of Entry. Determinations made by Sponsor and the Prize Provider are final on all matters relating to the Contest. If the potential winner is not available at the time they are contacted, they will have until October 26th, 2018 to respond to the Sponsor. The winner of the contest will be announced on November 2nd, 2018.
7. PRIZES: A total of one (1) winner will be selected to receive the opportunity to record and release a master recording embodying an original musical composition by RCA Inspiration on December 14, 2018 (the “Single Release Date”). The winner and RCA Inspiration would then have an exclusive period of ninety (90) days from the Single Release Date during which RCA Inspiration and the winner may negotiate a longer term, standard form Exclusive Entertainment Services Agreement for the winner’s services as a recording artist, musician and songwriter. The winner will also be invited to perform on the stage of Carnegie Hall during Chew Entertainment’s bi-annual concert “A Night of Inspiration” in New York City on December 15th, 2018.
The winner must be available to travel to New York or Nashville to record between November 3rd, 2018 – December 3rd, 2018. The winner must also be available to travel to New York to rehearse/perform December 14, 2018 – December 15, 2018.
b) No cash in lieu of prize will be awarded. However, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
IMAGES: YOU MAY BE FILMED, RECORDED AND PHOTOGRAPHED DURING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. ANY SUCH FILMS AND PHOTOGRAPHS SHALL COLLECTIVELY BE REFERRED TO AS THE “IMAGES.” BY PARTICIPATING, YOU IRREVOCABLY GRANT SPONSOR AND/OR THE PRIZE PROVIDER THE UNCONDITIONAL AND PERPETUAL RIGHT TO REPRODUCE, ENCODE, STORE, COPY, TRANSMIT, PUBLISH, POST, BROADCAST, DISPLAY, PUBLICLY PERFORM, ADAPT, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, EXHIBIT, AND OTHERWISE USE THE IMAGES (WITH OR WITHOUT USING YOUR NAME) IN ANY MEDIA THROUGHOUT THE WORLD FOR ANY PURPOSE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT ADDITIONAL REVIEW, COMPENSATION, RELEASE OR APPROVAL FROM YOU.
8. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor and/or the Prize Provider a worldwide, royalty free, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute and display each submitted Entry and use each Entry along with Entrant’s name, likeness and biographical material in any manner including promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity and commercial uses without any further notice or payment to entrant (except where prohibited by law). Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right or violate any applicable law or regulation, including any right to privacy or publicity. The person submitting an Entry must enter using their own Instagram account. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the Prize Provider. Neither Sponsor nor the Prize Provider is responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures which compromise the integrity of the Contest or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor and award prizes from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation according to the criteria describe above. Sponsor and the Prize Provider and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, and shareholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies will have no liability or responsibility whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrant, for any claim or liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the creation of an Entry including any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity or defamation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused including computer malfunction, by participation in this Contest or by use or redemption of any prize or by any related activities. Except as otherwise provided herein for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected from each entrant will only be used by Sponsor and the Prize Provider for the purpose of administration of the Contest.
10. DISPUTES: You agree that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Manhattan, New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and the Prize Provider in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.